Sports Injury Treatment in Chicago
If you are an athlete or someone who is consistently involved in sports, having a reliable facility for sports injury treatment in Chicago is key. There are a number of ailments that can occur from sports injuries, including low back and neck pain, sciatica, pinched nerves and herniated discs.
At Comprehensive Chiropractic & Wellness, we specialize in helping restore mobility, functionality, and healing. If you are seeking comprehensive sports injury care In Chicago visit our local clinic Comprehensive Chiropractic & Wellness to begin on the road to recovery.
Reasons to Visit a Sports Injury Chicago Chiropractor
Here are a number of reasons why it’s important to have a good relationship with a sports injury chiropractor:
- They know and understand your health history
- They can recommend comprehensive treatment based on prior and recurring injuries
- They recommend ways to avoid additional injuries
- They assist in the overall health and maintenance of your body
How is Sports Injuries Treated?
We offer an array of services to diagnose and treat sports injuries. These include:
- X-rays. Used to locate and properly diagnose the injured area. X-rays can also detect any potential areas of concern that should be addressed before it becomes problematic.
- Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy. A sports injury chiropractor will evaluate and diagnose a custom rehabilitation and physical therapy regimen for their patients. This therapy consists of holistic techniques designed to rebuild the muscles, developing strength and coordination for added mobility and functionality. A series of corrective exercises are used to reduce pain while encouraging a natural healing process.
- Chiropractic and Manipulative Therapy. Chiropractic and manipulative therapy help ease pain caused from internal injuries or symptoms. Adjustments are made to certain areas to remove pressure and realign areas to restore normal functions.
- Massages. Massages are safe, recommended treatment for ongoing rehabilitation to soothe nerves and inflamed areas of the body. These treatments are administered through a variety of methods and approaches that best meet patient needs. Used in conjunction with chiropractic methods, patients have been known to heal faster, sleep better, and maintain an active lifestyle without pain. Common conditions that respond well to massage therapy include pinched nerves, headaches, migraines, neck and back pain, as well as other types of injuries.
- Nutritional Counseling. Injuries occur for a number of reasons, including excess weight. When this is a factor, our team assists patients by developing nutritional programs that aid in making healthier choices.
What to Expect From a Sports Injury Chiropractor
The first visit is one of the most important and consists of four main steps:
- Patients should expect to complete a series of forms to give the chiropractor a better idea of the health history and current symptoms.
- An evaluation will take place to determine what is going on. The main goal is to assist in relieving the pain as soon as possible. A relief care regimen will be implemented for a certain period of time.
- Corrective care will follow the relief care phase, with a focus on restoring functionality back to 100%.
- The very last phase, wellness care, as follow-up treatment for all patients to ensure the body has fully healed and is operating without pain at optimal levels.
Schedule Sports Injury Treatment with Your Local Chicago Chiropractor
Getting the assistance you need for reliable sports injury treatment in Chicago can make a huge difference in maintaining your quality of life at a high level. At Comprehensive Chiropractic & Wellness, we are ready to help.
For more information on how we can be of assistance to you in Ravenswood and the surrounding areas, please give the team at Comprehensive Chiropractic & Wellness a call. Contact us at (312) 658-0658 or make an appointment online today.